The DS11 passport application is needed to get a new American passport. If it’s your first time filling out the DS-11 form, this page will help you out. It is very important that that applicants properly and neatly add all the information before submission.
Step 1: Complete the DS-11 application.
- First you need to complete the DS11 form either by pen or online
- Fill out the form on your computer and then print it out. Fill out DS11 online here.
- Do not sign the DS11 form
Step 2: Gather Additional Documents
- Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- Present Identification
- Photocopy of the Identification Document
- Provide One Passport Photo
Step 3: Visit an an acceptance agent facility
- Now that you have complete the application for a NEW passport and gathered all the documents needed you can take them to an acceptance agent. An acceptance agent will watch you sign the ds11 form in person and seal all the documents in an envelope for you to submit to the State Department.
Your passport application is now complete it will take about 4 to 6 weeks to get your passport back. You can use an expedited service to get it back sooner if you need it.